As from 2013, pre-applications are required. Only one pre-application per applicant allowed.
These pre-applications will be judged by the Scientific Advisory Board of the LSBR.
For pre-applications in the fellowship program of the LSBR, please contact the LSBR office.
Please note that the LSBR fellowship program has been changed. See the forms on downloads or contact the LSBR office.contact
- Electronic submission of pre-applications February 1 (23:59 hrs). Submission 2020
- Within 6 weeks, the applicants will be informed whether their proposal has been rejected or can be extended to a full proposal. Submission date for the full proposal is May 1 (23:59 hrs).
- Only one pre-application per applicant will be allowed.
- As is the case for full proposals, only pre-applications that fulfill all formal LSBR criteria will be eligible to enter the procedure.
- Full applications will only be accepted after an approved pre-application.
Research grants of the LSBR can only be obtained by scientists permanently employed by Dutch research institutes.
Project proposals bearing no or only a remote relationship to the aims of the LSBR will not be included in the selection procedure.
The Board of the LSBR has defined priority research areas.
Priority research subjects
in random order:
- Blood cell therapy against cancer (not cancer research as such), for tissue repair, against infectious diseases, against autoimmune diseases;
- In vitro culture and differentiation of blood cells for transfusion purposes;
- Blood (cell) interaction with endothelial cells;
- Efficacy and safety of blood components and blood products;
- Genetic and molecular characterization of diseases affecting blood components;
- Antibody formation against blood components;
- Hemostasis (thrombosis research excluded);
- Transfusion-transmitted infectious diseases (with an emphasis on infectious agents for which sufficient screening methods for safe blood transfusion are not yet available);
- Transfusion and ethnic specificity, in so far as relevant to the items above.